"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be"
C.S. Lewis

Friday, March 18, 2011

26 Week Ultrasound

I had my third ultrasound today. We had a really nice tech who supplied us with a plethora of information. I think he may have been nervous because he just kept talking and talking...but he was very respectful, making sure I told him to 'shut up' if he was talking too much. He also was zipping through... clicking photos and taking measurements, all the while saying, "Just a few more..." or "almost done..." Until I finally said, "You don't have to worry about going too fast...I don't mind seeing my kid." He relaxed a little then and we had a nice rest of the appointment. Dr. Baron came in and said the results of this ultrasound showed more increase in the swelling, but it's still progressing slowly. There was edema (fluid/swelling) on Carina's feet this time, which just showed the progression and what we'll soon see more of; swelling on all of her. Her arm and leg bones are all showing to be about 10 weeks behind the normal growth rate, so they are extremely small. Her chest cavity is still the same, and we could tell the heart is taking up the majority of her chest now. She's still plugging along, though, with a strong heartbeat. I'm currently 26 weeks and Dr. Baron said around the 28/29 week mark, the baby's body says, "I need to have a growth spurt" so we should be able to tell in a few weeks if she's going to have any major issues delivering naturally or if we may be looking at a C-section.

I live for our ultrasounds now. Any chance to see my beautiful baby moving around, oblivious to her many problems, showing off and waving to me...she's such a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. I woul too live for these ultrasounds. You are blessed to live in this day and age where we have so many different types of technology to keep us updated! God is good. I'm so glad to see you dealing healthfully with all of this... I love you and continue to pray....!

    ReplyDelete