"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be"
C.S. Lewis

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life

Life is precious. Life is sweet. Life is crazy. Life's not fair. That's life. Life's a dance. Life goes on....ooh blah dee.

These recent world events, as well as what is happening with our sweet Carina, have made me think about life more lately. Life begins at conception. So does parenting, but we're talking about life at the moment. Time passes. Some get the chance to really live. Others may live through someone else. Some lives are long. Others barely begin.

Life is precious. I'm thankful for every day I have with my family and especially every second we have with Carina. Some people feel sorry for us because we "have to carry her till whenever." Not me. I'm so grateful for being allowed to carry her till whenever.

I'm also grateful for people who ask about how I am, or how the baby is, because I want them to know she's a real person. She is a part of our family who is special and loved. We don't want to ignore her just because she is sick. For now, she is alive. Full of life. Kicking with every bite I take of something sweet. Bouncing around whenever she hears the church band play together.
I want her to experience as much joy as she can. As much love. As much life.

Life is precious. Her life is precious.

1 comment: