"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be"
C.S. Lewis

Friday, June 3, 2011

Don't Forget The Manna

I'm starting to read this book called, "The One Year Book Of Hope." In the introduction, the author has also just lost a child. She asks her sister-in-law how you get through the loss? How do you get through the grief? Her sister answered, "Manna." Such a perfect answer!

When the Israelites were wandering the desert, they had to depend on God daily for their sustenance; manna. Just as they had to depend on it daily, so do I. I have to depend on Him daily to get me through my grief.

I tend to be a "ritual" person. I get up, get Autumn's breakfast, fix Ken his lunch, eat....my day starts pretty much the same. The middle sometimes changes, but it doesn't vary much. Being ritualistic is not what will get me through my day. I need the manna. And the thing about manna is, you can't store it up. Just as the children of Israel couldn't store it up. They needed a new supply daily. I am determined to remember my daily need for Him. Only His word and His strength are unchanging.

Don't forget the manna.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me but your Sister Lucy does here in Alaska. I just wanted to let you know that you have touched my life immensely and your faith and unswerving devotion to God has challenged me to be a stronger christian. You are an amazing young woman and I will keep praying for you and for your physical and emotional healing.
    Jennifer Caskey

    ReplyDelete